Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Warm Bodies


      With the move and the other things going on in my life right now I have felt a little like a zombie lately, just going through the motions.  I am trying to get back into a routine and back to living.  It seems only appropriate that my first blog after a long break should be about a zombie coming back to life.  Nicholas Hoult (About A Boy, X-Men First Class, Clash Of The Titans) is simply adorable as R, he goes by R because he can’t remember his name but he knows it started with an “R”. The zombie with a conscience. “They’ll eat anything with a heartbeat. I mean, I will too, but at least I’m conflicted about it”. R has some very funny, quotable lines.

      Warm Bodies (2013) is a very cute, fun and charming twist to the typical Romeo and Juliet story.  That’s really what it is. I mean, he goes by R, her name is Julie. Julie is engaged to Perry and R’s best friend goes by M.  Julie’s best friend is Nora and she just happens to be a nurse. There is even a balcony scene, one of my favorite scenes by the way. 

      The makeup in this movie is so well done. I really enjoyed watching R slowly become more human and watching the way his face changes. It is so subtle and barely noticeable. He just all of a sudden looks…..better, livelier.  I loved the voice over. It was a fun way to let us into R’s quirky thoughts. He narrates through the entire movie but in a fun way, not annoying at all.

      Isaac Marion wrote the novel on which Warm Bodies is based. He also worked on the screenplay with the director, Jonathan Levine (50/50, The Wackness, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane) He is a fairly new director who hasn’t done much but I liked his style and what he did with this movie.

      When it comes to this movie you get exactly what you expect. It is a Horror, Comedy, Romance zombie movie with a little something for everyone. Just a fun entertaining story, it doesn’t pretend to be anything more then that. A zombie love story, and why not in this day of paranormal romances?

No comments:

Post a Comment