Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

      We have all heard of trilogies and that word is used quite a bit.  I recently learned a new word. The quadrilogy! I was searching the Internet trying to find a box set of all the Mission: Impossible movies.  While googling I came across a X-Men Quadrilogy box set.  (Just an FYI there is also a Pirates of the Caribbean Quadrilogy box set) How cool is that?! What a fun new word! By the way, I never did find a Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy box set.  There is a trilogy set but that is all. I guess I will wait and see if they come out with one. 

      In case you haven't guessed already I just watched Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011).  What a good movie! I really like all of the Mission: Impossible movies. They are very fun espionage movies.  M:i-2 was always my favorite.  (It is also the only one I currently own.)  Ghost Protocol would really have to be right up there with 2 though.  And, if I buy Ghost Protocol I might as well complete the set.

      The CGI in this movie was amazing! I loved every minute of it.  My oldest daughter watched it with me.  She commented on how high-tech the Mission: Impossible movies always are.  They really are, and that is just one of the things I like about them.  Well, not to long after she said that we saw the coolest technology scene ever in a movie.  I can't even describe it.  They are in a long hallway with a guard at one end and they need to break into a room in that hall.  The way they get down the hall without being seen is awesome! Some of the film takes place in Dubai. It was just incredible!  Tom Cruise (Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Cocktail, Rain Man) is wonderful as Ethan Hunt.  I really like him in this role. Another thing I like about these movies is the story line, or should I say the fact that they actually have one.  I like that you get to know the characters a little bit deeper than just as spies. I like that they actually have lives and personality.

      One of the best surprises in Ghost Protocol was Jeremy Renner (Thor, The Town, The Hurt Locker, The Avengers) I was like "Hey! It's Hawkeye!" He did a great job and I really liked his character and the story arch between him and Ethan.  This is just one of my favorite genres, the espionage movies. This is a wonderful movie, with great CGI, wonderful action and just the right amount of intensity to keep me on the edge of my seat. There is even a bit of humor. It is just a really good movie.  To quote David Edelstein, “Pixar animator Brad Birds first non animated movie. The heroes quaver on ledges or above whirling blades like they know they are in the hands of someone used to indestructible cartoon characters.”

No comments:

Post a Comment