Monday, May 23, 2011

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

    What a good find!  I stumbled across My Girlfriend's Boyfriend (2010) while browsing through Netflix watch instantly one day.  Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?, Charmed) stars as Jesse Young, an adorable waitress who has Sunday dinners with her brother and uncle.  At first I was a little hesitant about giving this movie a chance.  I grew up watching Who's the Boss and then loved Alyssa Milano in Charmed but she has made some ......... interesting choices.  You just never know what to expect with her.
     My Girlfriend's Boyfriend was a very nice surprise.  It is an adorable movie and surprisingly clean.  I would call it family friendly. As soon as it got over I wanted to watch it again and I wanted my daughters, 17, 15 and 13 to watch it as well. 
      Warning! There will come a point while watching that you are really questioning Jesse and her motives. There comes a point at which she tells the Charlie Brown story to one guy and then turns around to the other guy and says pretty much the same thing! I was furious with her and ready to shut it off.  But .... I couldn't do that and just had to see how it was all going to turn out. Then I said to myself,  I am going to be really upset if this doesn't end well.
      My mom is a fan of the first few minutes of a movie.  I have to agree with her on that.  It is very interesting to see how a director chooses to begin his story.  What is the very first thing he wants you to see and hear? I really like that but, I have to say that I am also a huge fan of the ending.  A really good ending can save just about any movie, and a really bad ending can end something I had enjoyed up to that point.  This movie has an ending worth seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment