Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Unstoppable

      I love it when that happens!  While watching Unstoppable (2010) I kept having this feeling of Deja Vu. (Ha Ha ya' get it?)  At first, I thought it was just because of Denzel Washington. Not really so, there was so much of Unstoppable that reminded me of Deja Vu (2006), similar camera angles, similar color scheme, hmm same directing style?  I have been watching Deja Vu quite a bit lately, very good movie. But it wasn't just Denzel Washington that was giving me that Deja Vu feeling. Come to find out it was because of Tony Scott. Tony Scott directed Unstoppable, as well as Deja Vu.  I really like his style. 
     There are a lot of things I take into account when selecting a movie to watch.  Actors, storyline and of course the trailer can play a big part, however there are other things to consider, the director, the studio, the screenwriter all of these things I look at as well.  Now I can add Tony Scott to that list.  I know I enjoy his movies.  When you have a head full of useless information it is kind of fun when pieces fall into place like that.  It makes me happy when I can recognize a certain director.
      A lot of questions ran through my head while watching Unstoppable. How plausible is this really? I mean I know it is based on true events so it really happened but how much did they tweek for Hollywood?  I am a huge fan of the Mythbusters and I love the episodes when they test movie myths which of course are usually busted.  But hey isn't that why we love Hollywood, the larger than life explosions, the unrealistic car chases, the incredible stunts.  So, naturally while watching any movie based on a true story or based on actual events I always wondered where the truth ends and artistic licensing takes over.  Just curious.
     Anyway, a very entertaining movie.  What can I say ..... anything with Denzel Washington is going to be good.  He is just amazing on screen. I also am becoming a fan of Chris Pine (Star Trek, Just my Luck) I first saw Chris Pine in Star Trek (2009) and if you want to get right down to it I fell in love with his performance just from the trailer.  I watched it saying, who it that guy?  And wasn't disappointed when I finally saw his performance in Star Trek.  The way the relationship between Denzel and Chris grows throughout the movie is very fun to watch.  Not only is the movie an action flick but it also has some very good dialog, which sometimes you miss out on in action movies.  It was kind of refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment